JJ NextGen JQuery Slider is an excellent way of presenting images on your WordPress site. It uses the Nivo slider.
JJ NextGen JQuery Slider only gives you a help screen which is hard to use while trying to set it up. This is a dump of that screen.
The ‘JJ NextGen JQuery Slider’ allows you to create a ‘Nivo slider’ (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/) as a widget or as a shortcode. This plugin uses the ‘NextGen Gallery’ plugin for its images.
NextGen Gallery Integration:
- This plugin uses the original width and height of the image uploaded so make sure the images are the correct dimensions when uploaded.
- Alt & Title Text Field: Provide a full url here and the image will link to this. Only works if alt field starts with either of these; /, http, or ftp.
- Description Field: Will be used as a caption.
NOTE: sc means shortcode:
- Title: Title for slider. Leave blank for no title. (sc: title=”My Slider”)
- Gallery: Leave blank to use all galleries or choose a gallery to use. (sc: gallery=”galleryid”)
- Order: Order to display results in. You can choose; Random, Latest First, Oldest First, or NextGen Sortorder. Random will still work when a page is cached. (sc: order=”random”|”asc”|”desc”|”sortorder”)
- Tags: comma separated list of tags to filter results by. (sc: tags=”tag1, tag2″)
- Max pictures: The maximum amount of pictures to use. (sc: max_pictures=”6″)
- HTML id: HTML id to use. Defaults to ‘slider’. Needs to be different for multiple sliders on same page. (sc: html_id=”slider”)
- Width: Width to use on slider. (sc: width=”200″)
- Height: Height to use on slider. (sc: height=”150″)
- Center: Centers content in container. Requires width to be set. (sc: center=”1″)
Nivo slider settings:
Please check the Nivo slider home page for more details (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/#usage).
- effect: Specify sets like: ‘fold,fade,sliceDown’. (sc: effect=”setting”)
- slices: (sc: slices=”setting”)
- boxCols: (sc: boxcols=”setting”)
- boxRows: (sc: boxrows=”setting”)
- animSpeed: Slide transition speed. (sc: animspeed=”setting”)
- pauseTime: (sc: pausetime=”setting”)
- startSlide: Set starting Slide (0 index). (sc: startslide=”setting”)
- directionNav: Next & Prev. (sc: directionnav=”setting”)
- directionNavHide: Only show on hover. (sc: directionnavhide=”setting”)
- controlNav: 1,2,3… (sc: controlnav=”setting”)
- controlNavThumbs: Use thumbnails for Control Nav. You can choose ‘nextgen thumbs” that will automatically use the image’s thumbnail from nextgen gallery or ‘nextgen original’ that will use the current image. (sc: controlnavthumbs=”true”|”false”|”nextgen_thumbs”|”nextgen_original”)
- thumbsWidth: Resize thumbnail to this width. Recommended to set if using thumbnails. (sc: thumbswidth=”20″)
- thumbsHeight: Resize thumbnail to this height. Recommended to set if using thumbnails. (sc: thumbsheight=”20″)
- thumbsContainerHeight: Height for thumbnails container. Calculation should be ‘number of thumbnail image rows’ x ‘thumbsheight’. (sc: thumbscontainerheight=”20″)
- thumbsGap: Gap between thumbnails. (sc: thumbsgap=”5″)
- controlNavThumbsFromRel: Use image rel for thumbs. (sc: controlnavthumbsfromrel=”setting”)
- controlNavThumbsSearch: Replace this with… (sc: controlnavthumbssearch=”setting”)
- controlNavThumbsReplace: …this in thumb Image src. (sc: controlnavthumbsreplace=”setting”)
- keyboardNav: Use left & right arrows. (sc: keyboardnav=”setting”)
- pauseOnHover: Stop animation while hovering. (sc: pauseonhover=”setting”)
- manualAdvanc: Force manual transitions. (sc: manualadvance=”setting”)
- captionOpacity: Universal caption opacity. (sc: captionopacity=”setting”)
- Disable captions: (sc: disablecaptions=”1″)
- beforeChange: (sc: beforechange=”setting”)
- afterChange: (sc: afterchange=”setting”)
- slideshowEnd: Triggers after all slides have been shown. (sc: slideshowend=”setting”)
- lastSlide: Triggers when last slide is shown. (sc: lastslide=”setting”)
- afterLoad: Triggers when slider has loaded. (sc: afterload=”setting”)
- [jj-ngg-jquery-slider html_id=”about-slider”]
- [jj-ngg-jquery-slider title=”Hello” gallery=”1″ html_id=”about-slider” width=”200″ height=”150″ center=”1″]
- [jj-ngg-jquery-slider html_id=”about-slider” directionnav=”false” controlnav=”false”]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.